Moving a house is challenging and a heavy rainstorm on the big day can make your relocation endeavour even more difficult.
Not to mention a downpour can put you and others at a high risk of accidents and other damage. If you have been planning the move for months, it may not be possible to postpone your moving date just because it is pouring outside.
To ensure the safety of yourself and the belongings, hire a professional moving company that has the expertise to handle any move with greater success even if it’s coming down in buckets on a moving day.
Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-melbourne/ and request a quote.
Some more tips to have a safe and trouble-free relocation during the rainy day are:
Seek professional help
Even a little drizzle can cause a lot of problems and can ruin your move altogether.
You can make sure everything goes smooth on the moving day by hiring reliable removalists in Perth.
From using the right moving equipment to properly wrapping each item, they follow all the precautions to ensure your items reach intact at the new address.
As a bonus, you can stay inside and dry while they handle all the tasks.
Gather water-proof packing material
Provide adequate protection to your stuff to avoid any damage during the rainy day move.
Some of the packing supplies to “waterproof” your items are:
- Plastic garbage bags: Water-friendly material to pack clothes, documents, pillows and mattresses.
- Quality cardboard boxes: Stronger, durable and provide enough protection to your belongings against moisture. Make sure not to expose them to wet conditions for an extended period.
- Plastic boxes: Safeguard your items like papers and books against any water damage.
- Shrink wraps: Cover anything from furniture items to mattresses with shrink wraps.
If you are hiring the best removalists in Ballarat, they will have everything from packing paper to cardboard boxes to help you pack your stuff in a safe and efficient manner.
Prep your old and new home
While moving on a rainy day, a lot of mud and dust can be tracked while going out and into your old or new house.
A few tips to protect your house against mud and water damage are:
- Lay the old towels or clothes on the entryway and front porch to protect your floors or carpet
- Make a path of cardboard from your hallway to your truck to create an anti-slip surface
- Turn on the heater to remove excess moisture from the air
This will not only protect your floors but will also prevent you from slipping over. Be careful because one careless mistake can cost you a bomb.
Protect electrical and expensive devices
Bad weather can wreak havoc on your electronics and other expensive items. When moving your expensive LCD TV, fridge or any other sensitive appliance, make sure they don’t come in contact with moisture or water.
Safety tips to follow are:
- Switch off all the power devices, computers and other electrical items
- Use bubble or shrink-wrap to provide enough cushioning
- Pack electronics in their original boxes
- Provide sufficient padding inside the containers
- Use strong packing tape to seal the boxes firmly
- Use moving blankets and quality plastic coverings to keep your stuff dry and safe throughout the entire moving process
Packing electronics and other heavy items are not easy. Hire the best movers and packers in Sydney to make the move safer and convenient.
Take care of yourself
If it’s raining outside, make sure you and your loved ones stay safe, healthy and above all dry.
Some tips to follow are:
- Wear protective shoes with nonskid soles to lower the risk of slipping on mud or wet areas
- Wear light and flexible rain gear to keep yourself dry
- Take coffee breaks to recover your energy and motivation
- Avoid going outside in violent lightning, strong winds and heavy rain showers
- Do not rush things
- Use an umbrella to prevent yourself from getting wet
In the end…
Moving in the rainy season doesn’t have to be a nightmare.
By following the above tips, you can easily get through all the toughest aspects of a rainy day move.
Don’t forget to hire an experienced moving company to take the burden off your shoulder. Visit this website to seek professional help.